Personal Branding - Why Dirty Laundry is Your Friend

Personal Branding - Why Dirty Laundry is Your Friend

Are you looking this product? Now you can get product in ePub Format,just following step by step until finish you will be guided downloading this book for free, Enjoy it.

 Personal Branding - Why Dirty Laundry is Your Friend

DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FOR FREE

First You Must Sign Up and then please follow instruction step by step until finish to get this book for free. Enjoy It


I'm a former cocaine addict who used to weigh 285 pounds. Yes, I say "former addict," and no, I've never sought treatment since 2007 when I gave up the habit. No, I've never sought treatment for my food addiction, either. I'm stubbornly insisting that I can manage by myself. Why am I telling you this? Well, it would be difficult to write an article about authenticity without being authentic. And I'll also admit to something that's not quite honest about what I just did. I told you about some of the nicer-looking skeletons in my closet, in the hopes that you wouldn't ask yourself about the others. It's somewhat like something a home inspector told me once. He said that if you ever sell a house, make sure that you leave something for the home inspector to find, so that they can say they've done their job.


So, basically, I just used a small amount of authenticity to trick you into thinking I've shown all of my cards. Don't think I'm the only one who does this.


In any case, here's my point. You have to show something. Every single person on Earth has some skeletons in the closet, especially the people who appear perfectly normal and perfect. This applies to our businesses as well as our personal lives. When I first started going to networking groups after becoming an entrepreneur, I tried week after week to come up with the perfect 30-second commercial. It didn't work, and nobody bought it. If I could go back to those days, I would have been honest. I'd have said something like, "I'm brand new in business and don't know jack. I don't even know what I do, and I don't even know what my business is going to be. All I know is that I want to make some money, but that I'm unwilling to be somebody's slave again. A good lead for me would be anyone who's been where I am, and can offer some good advice."


Are you trying to look perfect in your business? Are you trying to make it look like you've never made a mistake, and that you've got everything figured out? This may be the single most costly mistake you can make in business. I've personally discovered that the more upfront I am with the problems I'm dealing with, the more people step up to offer their help. But also, I've noticed that the level of respect in the room increases when someone sees me being willing to stick my neck out. Finally, most times when I come clean about something I've been hiding, I ultimately discover that it was obvious to everyone anyway.